1. PROJECT TITLE
Еstablishment of a Тextile and Аpparel Production Plant
Processing industry – textile and apparel production; footwear production
Blatna KOOP Centre, Municipality of Novi Grad.
4. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Municipality of Novi Grad has a long tradition in the field of textile industry, and therefore also a large number of quality workers experienced in textile production.
The purpose of the project is to establish a production plant for textile and apparel production, and it is possible to equip the facility for footwear production.
Total area of the facility is 309.62m2, and total area of the plot occupied by the facility is 2,181m2. The facility is at 100m from the Novi Grad-Bihać trunk road.
Also, there is a functioning utility infrastructure at the facility (electricity, water, asphalt access road).
– Ground floor dimensions 25.05m x 8.80m (former warehouse and shop of the Rudice agricultural cooperative),
– First floor dimensions 7.60m x 12.10m (currently housing a school and a post office)
Currently available at the facility:
– Warehouse (including a hallway) area 93.15m2,
– Warehouse area 166.43m2,
– Office area 16.20m2,
– Sale area 29.40m2,
– WC area 4.44m2.
5. PROJECT DETAILS
5.1 What type of project is it?
Brownfield – the facility used to serve as a shop and a warehouse З.З. Rudice – possibility of sale and rental of the facility.
5.2 Project status
Partly developed business idea. An advantage is that the facility of the Blatna KOOP Centre is fully owned by the Municipality of Novi Grad and the implementation can start fast.
5.3 Reasons to invest in the project
– Favorable geographic location – proximity of the EU (Croatia) and Federation of BiH (B. Krupa and Bihać).
– Long tradition in textile industry, quality and availability of qualified labor force at a competitive labor cost and possibility of additional training of workers.
– Appropriate space for a textile or footwear firm of 50-70 workers.
6. PROJECT FINANCING:
6.1 Estimated project value in €
It is necessary to make an investment in the procurement of equipment and machinery, worth about 500,000€.
6.2 Planned sources of financing
Complete project financing by investor.
6.3 Inputs by local partner
Incentives of the RS Government, i.e. RS Employment Bureau, for new employment, incentives of the Municipality of Novi Grad for business improvement and employment, favorable treatment of foreign investors.
6.4 Inputs by investor
Investments to adjust the facility to the needs of production and to procure equipment, machines and tools.
7. Has physical location for project implementation been identified
The facility is located in Blatna, Municipality of Novi Grad, and it is fully owned by the Municipality of Novi Grad.
Available area: 2,181m2 of land, of which 309.62m2 occupied by the facility.
There is utility infrastructure at the facility (electricity, water, asphalt access road).
8. Have the activities on project implementation already started
9. Project applicant and contact information
MUNICIPALITY OF NOVI GRAD
Address: Petra Kočića 2, Novi Grad
Contacts: Office of the Mayor
Tel. / fax: +387 52 751 247, +387 52 751 555
Department of Economy and Agriculture
Tel.: + 387 52 720 451
Web page: www.opstina-novigrad.com