1. PROJECT TITLE
Construction of economic facilities in Volujac business zone, Trebinje
Small- and medium-sized enterprises
Trebinje is the southernmost city of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republic of Srpska. It is located in the Trebišnjica river valley, at the junction of BiH, Montenegro and Croatia. The city’s altitude is about 275 m. Trebinje is located at a significant crossroad, 27 km from Dubrovnik, 115 km from Mostar, 360 km from Banja Luka, 70 km from Nikšić, 38 km from Herceg Novi, 230 km from Sarajevo. Today, the Municipality of Trebinje occupies an area of 904 km2. Population of Trebinje is 31,433, of which more than 75% live in the urban part of the Municipality. There are three
border crossings near the city, two to Montenegro (towards Nikšić and Herceg Novi) and one to Croatia (Dubrovnik).
4. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Regulatory Plans Volujac Business Zone and Volujac 2 Business Zone define the areas in the wider urban area of the city planned for the construction of economic facilities for trade, production, processing and storage. Total available area for the construction of economic facilities is 175,245 m2. The land is owned both by the city and private parties. The city offers the possibility of resolving property relations. The Volujac and Volujac 2 Business Zones are located about 5 km to the southwest of the city center, about 1 km from the main road M20 (Trebinje-Dubrovnik) and along the planned western city bypass.
5. PROJECT DETAILS
5.1 What type of project is it?
5.2 Project status
Currently, there are 5 businessmen operating in the Business Zone. Project documentation for the construction of access roads has been developed. During this year, the city has allocated funding within the budget and will continue the construction of infrastructure in the Business Zone. There is a possibility of connection to the water supply network, electric grid, telecommunications.
5.3 Reasons to invest in the project
- good geographical location, proximity of borders with Montenegro and Croatia,
- proximity of the EU market, proximity of ports, proximity of highway,
- availability of labor force disposed to retraining in accordance with the needs of production,
- benefits offered by the city and Republic of Srpska for production initiation, –
- Zone distance from the nearest train station 70 km, from sea port 30 km, from airport 45 km,
- Availability of sites owned by the city for construction of economic facilities,
- Proactive and efficient local administration,
- Building permit issuance within three days after submission of complete documentation,
- Favorable climatic and hydro conditions for the cultivation of Mediterranean cultures,
- Potential for tourism development,
- Potential for production of hydro and solar energy,
- Developing market,
- Low operating costs
- Stimulative tax policy,
- Liberal foreign trade regime,
- Ongoing implementation of large infrastructure projects in the field of water supply,
- Local community’s responsibility towards the environment – a wastewater treatment plant has been operating in the territory of the city since 1984 (reconstruction of the wastewater treatment plant is in progress); since 2008, the city has a developed sanitary landfill for waste disposal.
6. PROJECT FINANCING:
6.1 Estimated project value in €
6.2 Planned sources of financing
Complete funding by the investor.
6.3 Inputs by local partner
Possibility to purchase a building plot which meets the needs of the investor in terms of shape and size, and possibility of payment in several monthly installments interest free. Reduction of fees for land development for production facilities by 25% of the price in force in the construction zone. Reduction of rent fee by 99% for the construction of production facilities.
6.4 Inputs by investor
Potential investors are expected to invest only in the construction of production and commercial facilities, while city administration would provide infrastructure for the construction plot.
7. Has physical location for project implementation been identified
Precise location for the Volujac Business Zone is identified by the Urban Plan and Volujac and Volujac 2 Regulatory Plans. Five companies are already operating within the Zone.
8. Have the activities on project implementation already started
Project implementation activities were started by drafting of the Regulatory Plans and construction of infrastructure in the Zone
9. Project applicant and contact information
CITY OF TREBINJE
Address: Vuka Karadžića br.2
Mayor: Luka Petrović
Contact person: Mirko Đurić, Deputy Mayor
Telephone: +387 59 274-400