1. PROJECT TITLE
Construction of facilities defined by the „New Trebinje “Zoning plan
Trebinje is the southernmost city of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republic of Srpska. It is located in the Trebišnjica river valley, at the junction of BiH, Montenegro and Croatia. The city’s altitude is about 275 m. Trebinje is located at a significant crossroad, 27 km from Dubrovnik, 115 km from Mostar, 360 km from Banja Luka, 70 km from Nikšić, 38 km from Herceg Novi, 230 km from Sarajevo. Today, the Municipality of Trebinje occupies an area of 904 km2. Population of Trebinje is 31,433, of which more than 75% live in the urban part of the Municipality. There are three
border crossings near the city, two to Montenegro (towards Nikšić and Herceg Novi) and one to Croatia (Dubrovnik).
The location of the planned construction of the Casino Zone is about 15 km to the southwest of the city.
4. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Novo Trebinje Zoning Plan includes an area of approximately 70 ha planned for the construction of the Casino Zone. The land is owned by the city. The city offers land for sale based on the needs of investors in terms of shape and size of the plot.
5. PROJECT DETAILS
The New Trebinje zoning plan includes an area of 460 ha of land which is more than 80% owned by the City. The Zone itself possesses and attractive location, it is situated in the southeast from the Town’s center between the two trunk roads М6 (toward Mostar) and М20 (toward Dubrovnik).
Town is obligated to build the necessary infrastructure and the investors are expected to draft a detailed Plan of Action and main projects,as well as to finance the construction in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Zoning plan.
5.1 What type of project is it?
5.2 Project status
The city has drafted the ‘Novo Trebinje’ Zoning Plan which includes the planned Casino Zone. The city has acquired the main road project, leading to the planned Casino Zone and provided the necessary construction funds. Road construction is planned for this year.
5.3 Reasons to invest in the project
- Proximity of major tourist centers (Dubrovnik, Split, Budva, Herceg Novi, Tivat).
- Proximity of airports in the surrounding area (Ćilipi, Tivat, Podgorica).
- Favorable climatic conditions throughout the year, possibility of simple and quick access to the location from any part of Europe.
- Infrastructure up to the planned site is in the construction preparation stage.
- Availability of labor force disposed to retraining in accordance with the needs of production.
- Zone distance from the nearest train station 70 km, from sea port 30 km, from airport 45 km
- Land owned by the city.
- Proactive and efficient local administration.
- Building permit issuance within three days after submission of complete documentation.
- Potential for tourism development.
- Low operating costs.
- Stimulative tax policy.
- Ongoing implementation of large infrastructure projects in the field of water supply.
- Local community’s responsibility towards the environment – a wastewater treatment plant has been operating in the territory of the city since 1984 (reconstruction of the wastewater treatment plant is in progress); since 2008, the city has a developed sanitary landfill for waste disposal.
6. PROJECT FINANCING:
6.1 Estimated project value in €
6.2 Planned sources of financing
Complete funding by the investor
6.3 Inputs by local partner
Possibility to purchase a building plot which meets the needs of the investor in terms of shape and size, and possibility of payment in several monthly installments interest free.
6.4 Inputs by investor
Potential investors are expected to invest only in the construction of facilities to be located in the Casino Zone, while city administration would provide infrastructure for the construction plot.
7. Has physical location for project implementation been identified
The location is identified by the Zoning Plan – a planning document adopted by the City Assembly.
The land is wholly owned by the city.
8. Have the activities on project implementation already started
The city has acquired the main project and ensured the funds for commencing the infrastructure construction leading to the site. The process of choosing the most favourable construction work executioner is underway. The planned work should be implemented by the end of the year.
9. Project applicant and contact information
CITY OF TREBINJE
Mayor: Mirko Ćurić
Address: Vuka Karadžića br.2
Contact person: Nataša Tučić, Head of Local Economic Development, Investment and Energy
Telephone:+387 59 272-628
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com