1. PROJECT TITLE
Kosmos a.d. Banja Luka
Metal industry sector
Wider center of the city of Banja Luka
4. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Project purpose is to revive the existing production facilities of company Kosmos a.d. Banja Luka, which are located in the wider center of the city of Banja Luka.
Present activity of the company:
- Production of (stationary and mobile airport and aircraft equipment, special tools and products, antennas of all types and purposes),
- Overhaul (radars and radar computer systems, missile systems, automation systems, combat and non-combat vehicles and arms, electrical machines and automation elements),
- Design and construction (overhaul capacities, production capacities, components, blocks and systems, command systems),
- Services (measuring instruments calibration, chemical laboratory, repair and overhaul of explosion-proof electrical devices, equipment and installations).
Production possibilities/installed capacities (currently):
- overhaul 154,000 QH/year
- production 118,000 QH/year
- services 60,000 QH/year
The production capacities are fitted with complete infrastructure (electricity, water, sewerage, freight vehicle access).
5. PROJECT DETAILS
5.1 What type of project is it?
- possibility of sales of unused land (suitable for greenfield investment)
- possibility of sales or lease of production halls (suitable for brownfield investment)
- technical business cooperation (investment in manufacturing equipment modernization and product development and market expansion).
5.2 Project status
Company Kosmos a.d. Banja Luka is 100% owned by the Government of the Republic of Srpska which is seeking a strategic partner.
5.3 Reasons to invest in the project
- Favorable geographic position and low transport costs. Project location is attractive, in the wider center of the city of Banja Luka, which is the administrative center of the Republic of Srpska. Communication is possible by railway which passes through the city. Distance between Mahovljani airport and the company is about 20 km. A newly built speedway connects it to the Belgrade-Zagreb motorway E70.
- Long industrial tradition, quality and availability of highly skilled labor, at competitive labor costs.
- Free production capacities available to be put into function.
6. PROJECT FINANCING:
6.1 Estimated project value in €
The sale of the state-owned capital is conducted in compliance with the Law on privatization of state-owned capital in enterprises, by issue of a tender or by method of direct buyer selection. In their offer, the strategic partner (buyer) will propose a purchase price, as well as an investment plan, an employment plan and other intents. The strategic partner will also propose a price of lease of production capacity, a joint venture or another form of cooperation, in a letter of intent.
6.2 Planned sources of financing
Complete project financing by potential investor or joint venture.
6.3 Inputs by local partner
The Government of the Republic of Srpska’s employment incentives, tax and duty reliefs, favorable treatment of foreign investors, agreements on investment promotion and protection, etc.
6.4 Inputs by investor
7. Has physical location for project implementation been identified
The facility is located on the grounds of company Kosmos a.d. Banja Luka and 100% owned by the Government of the Republic of Srpska. Available area: 78,681m2 of land, of which 23,257m2 is developed. The production
capacities are fitted with complete infrastructure.
8. Have the activities on project implementation already started
Yes. The Government of the Republic of Srpska is endeavoring to find a strategic partner.
9. Project applicant and contact information
KOSMOS A.D. BANJA LUKA Tel:
+387 51 211 538;
Web site: www.kosmos.ba