The European Commission has published the 25th call for technical assistance within the Western Balkans Investment Framework (WBIF) .
The application criteria for WBIF funds under the 25th call are in line with the Economic and Investment Plan for the Western Balkans.
In this regard, the general conditions for application have been changed compared to previous calls so that:
- draft grant applications must be in line with the Economic and Investment Plan for the Western Balkans – details on European Commission requirements and eligibility criteria can be found at the link: EU Eligibility Criteria,
- in the sector for which one is applying, a Unified list of priority projects and a nationwide strategy must be adopted,
- the grant application must have the support of one of the international financial institutions (EBRD, EIB, CEB, KfW, AFD),
- the grant application must be linked to the investment and accompanied by a credit arrangement.
Also, draft grant applications from the Republic of Srpska must:
- have the consent of the competent line ministry regarding the compliance of the proposal with the applicable strategies and laws in the sector within which the draft grant application is being nominated,
- have the consent of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska regarding the possibility of borrowing related to an individual project,
- be nominated through the line ministry and the republic coordinator.
If the given conditions are not met, the grant application will not be acceptable for further processing.
Draft grant applications must be submitted to the Ministry of European Integration and International Cooperation (MEIMS) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 21, 2021.
After consultations with international financial institutions and possible corrections, the deadline for submitting final draft grant applications to MEIMS is February 25, 2021.
Check out the following links: