1. PROJECT TITLE
Business zone Tavija, Kostajnica
Small-and medium-sized enterprises
4. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The location is occupied by more than 2 ha of undeveloped building land. The location lies along the R-475 Kostajnica – Prijedor regional road. Distance from the centre of Kostajnica is about 1km.
Roads, low voltage network, telecommunication network, water supply and sewerage have been built and installed on the location.
The location is planned for nine (9) building plots of set sizes which can be merged or divided.
Bearing in mind the features of the space, it is possible to organize manufacturing of a low or medium level of noise, based on processing of wood, metal or other non-toxic materials.
5. PROJECT DETAILS
5.1 What type of project is it?
5.2 Project status
The Municipality of Kostajnica has prepared and adopted the Municipality Development Strategy 2011-2020 as a key strategic and planning document to represent a foundation for further directions of municipality development. The Strategy was prepared during 2010 by the municipal development team within the Integrated Local Development Project (ILDP), a joint initiative of the Swiss Government and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
One of the priority objectives of the development strategy is to attract investors to three business zones in Kostajnica, including the Tavija business zone.
Preparation of the urban plan and urban projects is being finalized for project territory.
5.3 Reasons to invest in the project
Geographical position and road infrastructure:
- The Municipality of Kostajnica has a very good geostrategic position and a well-built transport infrastructure; the backbone of the road network supporting the local road network is the M-14 Bihać – Gradiška trunk road and the R-475 Kostajnica-Prijedor regional road.
- Close to Kostajnica there are also Novi Grad and Kozarska Dubica, at about 30 km, and City of Banja Luka is about 100 km from the Municipality of Kostajnica.
- Kostajnica borders with the Republic of Croatia, and proximity of the border creates a possibility of export to the market of the European Union. It is 85 km from Zagreb, 30 km from the Zagreb – Belgrade motorway, and 75 km from Zagreb airport.
- According to the 2013 census, the population of 6308 lives in the territory of the Municipality of Kostajnica and includes a high quality and educated labor force of varied profiles.
- Municipality area is 85 km2.
- Average annual temperature: 10C.
- Altitude 105-407 meters above the sea level.
6. PROJECT FINANCING:
6.1 Estimated project value in €
At this stage, the total value of investments in the territory of the Tavija business zone will depend entirely on investors.
6.2 Planned sources of financing
It is planned that investors invest their own funds at those locations without financial participation of the local community.
6.3 Inputs by local partner
The Municipality provides the following services to investors:
- One stop shop (all services for businessmen in one place)
- Rent and fee reduction by 2% per employee
- Economic information
- Technical support
- One of the lowest immovable property tax rates in the region of 0.10%
- Building approvals
- Operation approvals
- Environmental permits
- Documents certification
- Agricultural approval
6.4 Inputs by investor
Funds for project implementation, market for products placement and obtaining necessary building permits.
7. Has physical location for project implementation been identified
Tavija location, Kostajnica is planned.
The location is occupied by state-owned undeveloped building land, with the right of land disposal fully owned by the Municipality of Kostajnica.
8. Have the activities on project implementation already started
The Municipality of Kostajnica Development Strategy was adopted and it provides for the Tavija business zone. Preparation of the urban plan and urban projects is being finalized.
9. Project applicant and contact information
MUNICIPALITY OF KOSTAJNICA
Address: Svetosavska br.11
Tel.: 00 387 (0)52-663-113/139
Fax: 00 387 (0)52 663 -553