1. PROJECT TITLE
Exploitation of raw materials and construction of a cement factory in Prijedor
Processing industry/Mining and quarrying
The City of Prijedor
4. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
This project primarily predicts the construction of a cement factory on the location of the industrial zone Paljuge in Omarska near Prijedor. The findings of raw materials are very near the location of constructing the cement factory. The significant findings of limestone, quartz sand and clay, have been tested and confirmed within the radius of 20 km from the location of the Industrial Zone Paljuge. The estimated quantities of limestone are 28.000.000m3, quartz sand around 18.500.000t and clay around 3.900.000t. The exploitation is possible to perform after the award of the concession by the Government of the Republic of Srpska.
5. PROJECT DETAILS
5.1 What type of project is it?
5.2 Project status
Business idea partially prepared and feasibility study performed.
5.3 Reasons to invest in the project
The area near the location for the construction of the cement factory is extremely rich with natural resources. The existing quantities of limestone, quartz sand and clay are sufficient for exploitation for at least next 30 years, depending on the intensity of exploitation. All the findings of raw materials are within the 20 km radius from the location of the industrial zone, with the industrial railroad and large capacity power station that are functional, which potentially provides necessary quantities of electric energy. Proximity of the EU market is another advantage of the location.
6. PROJECT FINANCING:
6.1 Estimated project value in €
150 –200 millions EUR
6.2 Planned sources of financing
Part of the project is financed by the investor, public-private partnerships, concession.
6.3 Inputs by local partner
- Partial infrastructure layout in the industrial zone for the construction of the cement factory,
- Provided information and technical documentation of raw material findings,
- Administrative support.
6.4 Inputs by investor
- Professional and financial competences for the implementation of the project,
- Contemporary technological solutions and environment protection,
- Using local resources during the implementation of the project (work power, logistics, infrastructure…).
7. Has physical location for project implementation been identified
The location Paljuge near Omarska, defined as the location of the industrial zone by the Space Plan of the City of Prijedor, agricultural land majorly registered as state property.
8. Have the activities on project implementation already started
The feasibility study performed, etc.
9. Project applicant and contact information
THE CITY OF PRIJEDOR
Address: Trg oslobođenja 1
Tel: +387 (0)52 245 101
Fax: +387 (0)52 245 104