1. PROJECT TITLE
Industrial zone Sitnesi, Srbac
Industry and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SME) sector
The Municipality of Srbac is located in the northernmost part of the Republic of Srpska and BiH. To the north, 42 km of the river Sava are its border with the Republic of Croatia, i.e. the EU. It borders with the Municipality of Gradiška to the west, the Municipality of Laktaši to the southwest, the Municipality of Prnjavor to the south and the Municipality of Derventa to the east.
The Sitneši Industrial Zone is located in the settlement of Sitneši (along the R-474 Srbac Prnjavor trunk road), 5 km from Srbac. Distance from the zone to Mahovljani Airport is 35 km, and to Zagreb airport is 180 km. Distance from the E70 motorway (Belgrade-Zagreb) is 40 km, and from the E661 motorway (Banja Luka-Gradiška) is 25 km.
4. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Sitneši Industrial Zone covers the area of 47.5 hа. The purpose of the zone is industry and business.
It is covered by a spatial planning implementing document – Regulatory Plan of 2010, which is in force and sets out all town planning parameters for construction.
Price of land in the industrial zone is offered in a public auction procedure at a starting market price of 0.70 BAM/m2, which makes it one of the most favorable investment locations in the region.
The Municipality of Srbac is a small municipality open to investors, and available 24 hours to investors in obtaining permits.
5. PROJECT DETAILS
5.1 What type of project is it?
The Sitneši Industrial Zone is a location for greenfield investments. Srbac Municipality owns about 14 ha of the zone.
5.2 Project status
The project is in the implementation phase.
5.3 Reasons to invest in the project
- Good position (border municipality with the EU) and good transport connections;
- Extremely favorable land price, starting market price of 0.70 BAM/m2;
- For construction of industrial facilities larger than 500m2 at the base, the one-off rent is reduced from 12 BAM/m2 to 4 BAM/m2;
- During the first year of company operation, the utility charge is 50% of the actual amount, during the second year it is 75%, and during the third it is 100%, i.e. the full amount;
- Availability of workforce of varied profiles, at competitive labor costs.
6. PROJECT FINANCING:
6.1 Estimated project value in €
Financing of zone development is an obligation of the Municipality of Srbac. The Municipality of Srbac has started the process of zone development, and it is planning to continue this process with its own funds. On the other hand, initiation of manufacturing within the zone is financed exclusively by the potential investor.
6.2 Planned sources of financing
Zone development is financed by the budget of the Municipality of Srbac and donor funds, while initiation of manufacturing within the zone is financed by the potential investor.
6.3 Inputs by local partner
We offer many investment benefits listed in section 5.3., including those for obtaining all required permits and documents. The existing infrastructure within the zone is also an input by the Municipality of Srbac:
- The zone is located immediately along the Srbac – Prnjavor (R-474) trunk road, so each plot has a direct access to this road.
- There is an overhead 20 kV transmission line at the entrance into the zone from the direction of Srbac.
- Water supply system is built in the zone, 160 mm cross-section, branches Ø80 mm and Ø90 mm.
- The zone is equipped with telecommunication infrastructure -subscription TC cable and optical cable.
6.4 Inputs by investor
Inputs by investor depend on investor’s preference for the type of manufacturing planned to be initiated within the zone.
7. Has physical location for project implementation been identified
The Sitneši Industrial Zone is located in the settlement of Sitneši, at 5km from Srbac. The zone is covered by the Regulatory Plan. The Municipality of Srbac owns 30% of zone land.
8. Have the activities on project implementation already started
Yes, activities on zone development have started.
9. Project applicant and contact information
Address: Trg srpskih boraca 1
Republika Srpska, BiH
Tel.: + 387 51 740 001
Fax: + 387 51 740 152
Contact persons: Marija Lepir and Dario Vrhovac